Barry Myers, an award-winning life insurance specialist, applies 40 years of experience to guide high net worth clients through strategic decisions related to insurance, estate and retirement planning. For each client, Barry blends his tremendous knowledge of products and strategies with the client’s unique circumstances and needs to establish an effective life insurance portfolio for wealth transfer.
Barry’s history with Krupin Partners dates back to 1982, when he and Michael Krupin were partners at Provident Mutual Insurance (now Nationwide Insurance). Their team, which focused on the medical/healthcare and business industries, was named Provident Mutual’s agency of the year for several years and was a top national performer. Barry became Provident’s managing partner in Richmond, Virginia when Michael left Provident to establish Gilbert-Krupin in 1994. Barry also is the former chairman of Provident’s Securities Compliance Committee and of its Product Committee. He was pleased to rejoin Michael at Gilbert-Krupin to lead the firm’s East Coast practice in 2005, and to continue their relationship at Krupin Partners.
With deep roots in the Richmond area, Barry is very active in the community as well as in key industry organizations:
- Chartered Long Term Care Specialist (CLTC; Certified Partnership Plan Underwriter)
- Wall Street Journal, named one of the country’s leading life insurance managers, July 14, 1997
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Planning, member
- Professionals and the Society of Financial Planners, member
- Richmond Rotary, member, Rotarian of the Year 2008
- Commonwealth Family Foundation, Board Member
- Bridgewater College, Estate Planning Committee, Alumni Board, Athletic Hall of Fame
- FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7), and Registered Principal (Series 24)
CA insurance license #0B69332. VA insurance license #690478. Barry Myers does not provide legal or tax advice.