Unlocking the “black box” of insurance.
Prospective clients typically have some form of insurance in place before we meet them. At Krupin Partners, we provide complimentary, objective Policy Audits to help prospective clients, advisors, trustees and other fiduciaries evaluate existing life and disability insurance coverages relative to the insured’s needs and goals.
Insurance products are complex financial instruments, heavily impacted by interest rates, requiring proactive management. We remain at the forefront of insurance, financial and tax law trends to assure clients that their policies, products and services remain current and offer the greatest benefits at all times.
Because we are independent, we have access to the broadest range of market information across all carriers. In conducting Policy Audits, we use our breadth of knowledge to objectively assess product pricing, design and adequacy of funding, often identifying newer products with superior features and/or cost savings. This powerful information enables the insured and their families, outside advisors and us to determine whether they should pursue a different strategy to enhance or update the coverage provided by their insurance portfolio.
Policy Audits include:
- Assessment of current coverage details and costs
- Review of current insurer’s financial strength
- Identification of guarantees, or lack thereof
- Review of current ownership and beneficiary designations relative to goals
- Identification of income, estate or gift tax issues with respect to current laws and future funding requirements
- Projected future premium obligations and requirements
The value of a Policy Audit can be tremendous. We frequently identify:
- Under or poorly-performing policies as compared to the current marketplace
- Savings in annual premiums
- Increased coverage for same premium outlay
- Coverage with improved features/guarantees
- Better products or product design relative to client’s goals and risk tolerance